- ZenFone AR will be the world’s first smartphone that is both Tango-enabled and Daydream-ready. Tango is a set of sensors and computer-vision software by Google that enables smartphone augmented reality. Daydream is Google’s platform for high-quality, mobile virtual reality and supports Daydream VR apps
- Zenfone AR is also world first smartphone with 8GB RAM. It also has 128 GB internal Storage and also supports expandable storage
- This breakthrough in size and weight is made by possible the innovative ASUS TriCam™ system, a three-camera system consisting of a 23MP main camera, motion-tracking camera, and depth-sensing camera
- Unlike three-camera systems in other devices, the design of the ASUS TriCam system clusters its array of cameras to reduce their footprint within the phone, enabling the entire phone to be thinner and lighter
- Built with powerful components, including a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 CPU that has been specially optimized for Tango and Daydream
- A beautiful, 5.7-inch WQHD Super AMOLED display and a new five-magnet speaker makes Daydream VR apps, games, and videos more immersive and entertaining. Android™ 7.0 ‘Nougat’ lets users get the most out of ZenFone AR with new multitasking features and other enhancements that deliver a great mobile experience
- HiRes Audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround, NXP SmartAMP and 5 Magnet Speakers provide outstanding Audio Experience for AR and VR
- Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0 enables superfast battery charging on Zenfone AR
ASUS, today affirmed its position as a world-leading smartphone technology innovator with the launch of ZenFone AR in India. First showcased at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) 2017, ZenFone AR is the world’s first Tango-enabled and Daydream-ready smartphone, with a massive 8GB of RAM. The ZenFone AR will be available exclusively on Flipkart – India’s biggest online store.
Elaborating further on the sidelines of the event, Peter Chang, Regional Head, South Asia & Country Head, System Business Group – ASUS India, said, “Our phones already assist us in our day-to-day lives, but we know they can do even more. With ZenFone AR, we desire to turn your physical world into a magical world by enabling it to perceive space and motion that goes beyond the boundaries of a touch screen. We’re excited to be a part of the augmented reality universe, which will soon be part of our lifestyle.”
Also present at the event were Larry Paulson – Vice President and President of Qualcomm India, and Ajay Veer Yadav – VP Mobiles and Mobile Accessories, Flipkart. Onstage to reveal more about ZenFone AR as well as demonstrate some of the amazing augmented reality experiences available through innovative mobile apps and games was Dinesh Sharma – Director Mobile Product, Asus India.
ZenFone AR is a next-generation smartphone that represents a significant advancement in mobile augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) and technologies. Developed in close cooperation with Google and Qualcomm, the ZenFone AR delivers high-quality AR and VR experiences. ZenFone AR is the thinnest and lightest Tango-enabled device, featuring a powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 821 processor that is optimized for the demanding, real-time computing requirements of Tango. ZenFone AR’s powerful performance and innovative TriCam system work in conjunction with Tango technology to enable smooth and compelling smartphone AR experiences.
Paired with the Daydream View headset and controller, ZenFone AR will be able to let users explore new worlds, kick back in their personal VR cinema, and play games that put them at the center of action. Additionally, Android™ 7.0 ‘Nougat’ lets users get the most out of ZenFone AR with new multitasking multi-window display and other enhancements that deliver a great mobile experience.
ASUS TriCam system for Tango experiences
ZenFone AR uses an ASUS TriCam system consisting of three rear cameras — a motion-tracking camera, depth-sensing camera and high-resolution 23MP PixelMaster 3.0 camera — which provide input to Tango, enabling smartphone AR experiences for users. The motion-tracking camera lets ZenFone AR keep track of its location as it moves through three-dimensional space. The depth-sensing camera lets ZenFone AR determine its distance from objects by projecting an infrared (IR) laser and measuring the amount of time it takes for IR beam to bounce off objects and return to the phone. The 23MP PixelMaster 3.0 camera features a Sony IMX318 image sensor to vividly capture the environment as a backdrop for AR experiences while serving as an excellent, high resolution camera for photos.
AR is a rapidly growing area of mobile technology, and one that consumers are extremely excited about. ASUS and Google have partnered with well-known brands, such as Gap, to bring the smartphone AR experience to customers. Tango also provides developers with the ability to deliver consistent AR experiences across devices and helps users easily discover a wide range of new apps, such as exciting games, home decor utilities, and apps that provide new ways to explore. To date, the ecosystem has growing quickly and there are plenty of apps on Google Play that are Tango-enabled.
Daydream by Google
The Asus ZenFone AR has a 5.7-inch WQHD (2K) (1440 x 2560) display. This large size and high resolution screen makes it ideal for VR apps and games when used with Daydream View, immersing users in incredible VR worlds that appear detailed and lifelike. Super AMOLED technology enables deep blacks and high contrast, further enhancing image quality and 3D effects.
With ZenFone AR and Daydream View, users can explore new worlds with apps like Street View and Fantastic Beasts, kick back in a personal VR cinema with YouTube VR and Netflix, and get in the game with Gunjack 2, Need for Speed and more.
Impressive audio, inside and out
In addition to video, high-quality audio is an important component of immersive AR and VR experiences. To fulfill this demand, ZenFone AR comes with ASUS SonicMaster 3.0 technology. A five-magnet speaker driven by a powerful NXP smart amplifier delivers clear, expansive sound that can be played at high volumes without distortion. ZenFone AR can also output certified High-Resolution Audio (HRA) to compatible devices at 24-bit/192kHz — or 4X CD-quality. DTS Headphone:X™ provides virtual 7.1-channel surround sound for immersive entertainment experiences. A premium Asus ZenEar S Headset available inbox.
Cutting-edge hardware for AR and VR performance
ZenFone AR is designed with the latest, top-of-the-line components to provide high-quality AR and VR experiences. This cutting-edge hardware also makes ZenFone AR one of the most powerful smartphones available.
ZenFone AR features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor that has been specially optimized for the demanding, real-time calculations of AR. ASUS worked closely with Qualcomm Technologies and Google engineers to help develop methods for efficiently distributing computer-vision workloads, as well as rapidly processing movement and positioning instructions with Tango to deliver smooth, immersive, and compelling AR experiences. It also features the desktop-class Qualcomm Adreno 530 graphics-processing unit (GPU) to deliver supercharged graphics performance and handle the graphical demands of Tango and Daydream applications with ease.
World’s first smartphone with 8GB of RAM
ZenFone AR is the world’s first smartphone with 8GB of RAM, enabling it to handle the demands of AR and VR with ease. It also helps with heavy multitasking, allowing users to keep dozens of apps open simultaneously, and instantly switch among them. ZenFone AR also includes 128GB of fast UFS 2.0 storage, enabling users to store a large library of apps, games, videos, photos, and music, and open them quickly.
Thin and light metallic design
ZenFone AR packages its advanced technology in a beautifully minimalist, light, and compact design. A precision-milled metal frame and slim, 4.8mm edge provides a luxurious look that is further enhanced by stainless-steel accents around the camera. These accents also help protect the camera lens from scratches. ZenFone AR has an ergonomic curved shape with a 4.8mm edge and a tactile, leather-patterned rear surface that feels great in the hand.
23 megapixel ASUS PixelMaster 3.0 — Capture reality, fast and steady
ZenFone AR also features an advanced camera that takes beautiful, high-resolution photos and videos in any lighting condition. It has an ASUS PixelMaster 3.0 camera that uses the world’s highest resolution camera sensor (a 23MP Sony IMX318) and the ASUS TriTech autofocus system. Other key camera features include:
- Four-axis optical image stabilization (OIS) photo and three-axis electronic image stabilization (EIS) video stabilization — Enables sharp photos and shake-free videos.
- 0.03-second ASUS TriTech™ System — exclusive TriTech autofocus technology is the ultimate integration of phase-detection autofocus, laser autofocus and subject-tracking autofocus, the result is perfectly focus and sharp image every time – day on night, indoor or out.
- Super Resolution mode — Creates ultra-high resolution, 92MP photos by capturing and combining four native 23MP photos to create a single image with exceptional clarity, greater detail, and less noise.
- RAW file support — ZenFone AR offers photographers the freedom to shoot and store compositions in RAW format. RAW files save the full data of the photo captured by the camera’s sensor and are ideal for enhancement with editing software, where users are able to uncover fine details in areas of shadow, or recover overexposed areas in the highlights, with much lower loss of image quality when compared to editing JPEG image files.
- High-resolution 4K UHD video recording — Captures ultra-detailed and sharp videos.
- Professional manual creative controls — Gives keen photographers control over advanced camera settings, like white balance, exposure value (EV), ISO sensitivity, shutter speed, and focus. This makes ZenFone AR a powerful tool for learning the fundamental skills of photography and allows users to shoot scenes with many different creative interpretations.
Battery with Quick Charge 3.0
ZenFone AR is backed by a 3,300mAh battery pack with Quick Charge 3.0 – fastest, most efficient charging technology by Qualcomm to date. This technology enables 60% battery charge in only 45 mins.
To open a world of possibilities and provide the ultimate experience of virtual reality for the Zenfone AR consumers, Flipkart is offering INR 2500/- off on Google Daydream View VR Headset along with purchase of ZenFone AR. Additionally, the consumer can avail no cost EMI offer upto 9 months.
Jio believes in empowering every Indian with the power of data and is therefore announcing a special offer on Zenfone AR. Every Jio and Zenfone AT user will get up to 100GB additional 4G data and complimentary Jio Prime membership. The user can avail the additional 4G data in the form of one additional 10GB data voucher per recharge or Rs 309 or above, for a maximum of 10 recharges till March’18. This data is over and above the benefits of the pack.
AVAILABILITY & PRICING
ASUS ZenFone AR priced at INR 49,999 will be available exclusively on Flipkart.
|SPECIFICATIONS – ASUS ZenFone AR|
|Display||5.7-inch Super AMOLED WQHD;
Corning Gorilla Glass 4;
79% Screen to Body Ratio; 3,000,000:1 contrast ratio
|Processor||Qualcomm 14nm Quad-core Snapdragon 821 @ (2.34GHzx2 + 1.6GHz x2), Optimised for Tango AR and Daydream VR;
Adreno 530 @ 653MHz
|8GB LPDDR4 RAM;
128 GB UFS 2.0 storage; 2 TB Expandable
|Main camera||23MP ASUS PixelMaster 3.0 camera (Sony® IMX318 sensor);
F/2.0, 6p Largan Lense, Sapphire lens protection, Dual-tone LED flash
TriTech 0.03-second autofocus (contrast / phase / 2nd-gen laser)
4-axis OIS for photos, 3-axis EIS for videos, Color-correction sensor, 4K Video Recording,
20 PixelMaster modes, includes – 92MP Super Resolution mode, HDR Pro mode & Manual mode with 32sec exposure
|Supporting AR cameras||Motion-tracking camera, Depth-sensing camera with IR rangefinder|
|Front camera||8MP, f/2.0, 85-degree wide FOV,
10 PixelMaster modes, Includes – Beautfication mode, HDR Pro mode, Low-light mode, Night mode, Selfie Panorama
|Audio||Five-magnet speaker, NXP smart amplifier, Hi-Res Audio,
DTS Headphone:X 7.1ch virtual surround sound over headphones
Dual microphone for active call noise cancellation
|Wireless||Wi-Fi: Dual-band 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO
4G LTE: Up to Category 13 with 3CA
|Fingerprint sensor||Home button fingerprint sensor
5-finger registration / 360-degree recognition
USB-C™ (USB 2.0)
|SIM / SD slots||Dual SIM
Dual SIM, Dual Standby
|GPS||GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Gallileo|
|OS||Android 7.0 (Nougat) with ASUS ZenUI 3.0|
|Generic Sensors||Accelerometer, E-Compass, Proximity, Barometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Hall-effect sensor|
|Battery||3300mAh with Quick Charge 3.0|