Getting adequate sleep is the key to a healthy lifestyle that further benefits our heart, mind, weight and much more. Sleep makes us feel better and its importance is far beyond than living a normal healthy life. Studies conducted on the subject reveal getting too little or no sleep, immensely affects our health, our mood, our weight and even our personal life.
Getting those recommended even to eight hours of sound sleep has magical benefits of our wellbeing and health like:
- Improved ability to fight off infections.
- Enhanced memory and ability to learn.
- Increases the ability to think clearly and function at the highest level.
- Improves your overall appearance and skin.
- Helps in losing weight.
- Lesser risks of developing diabetes.
- Protects the heart from heart diseases.
- Boosts energy and physical abilities.
- Keeps you fresh and attentive.
The top essentials of a good night sleep:
- Create a bedtime routine and abide by it.
- Make a regular schedule of going to bed and waking up.
- Remove all distractions like television etc.
- Keep your room cool and make it dark when going to bed and have a comfortable bed to sleep.
- Accomplish all your work schedules atleast 90 mins prior to going to bed.
- Energize yourself all through the day with balanced and healthy diet, exercise and fresh breathe.
- Never eat too late or go empty stomach to bed. Eat foods enriched with zinc and magnesium, which boosts good sleep. Zinc assists converting brain chemical tryptophan into serotonin and magnesium decreases cortisol, the stress hormone. Also avoid taking alcohol, nicotine and caffeine in the evening.
- Resort to some meditation, reading books or listening soulful music before going to bed as it soothes stress and manages to clear the mind.
The many advantages of getting good sleep
A good sleep is the foundation for your overall wellness. Sleep is important in every stage of life and its greatest advantages are:
- Great health: Good sleep doesn’t guarantee immunity from diseases but for sure is guarantee immunity from serious health hazards like heart diseases, heart attack, diabetes and obesity.
- Enhanced sex life: Impaired sleep is directly associated with lowered testosterone levels. Less sleep leads to tiredness and lesser interest in love life.
- Less pain: Researches show that getting a good sleep can supplement medication and lowers pain from injury or other.
- Lowers risks due to injury: good sleep keeps you active and agile during the day and thereby keeping you safe from making mistakes and avoiding injuries.
- Improved mood: You have often noticed that when you are exhausted and tired you feel cranky and irritated. Good sleep helps in keeping stress levels down and makes you cheerful and keeps you in the best of mood.